It has been some time since I posted. I apologize as a lot has transpired over the last two weeks. To make up for lost time, I am going to give you the briefing points you need to know.
- South China Sea dispute heats up. For those of you worried about the potential for WWIII, we just got one step closer today when the UN committee set up to arbitrate the territorial dispute between China and the Philippines ruled in favor of the Philippines. Right or wrong, China utterly rejected the ruling and reaffirmed its self-perceived right to continue to economically and militarily develop the region as it sees fit. This sets the stage for China to walk away from the international community to protect its interests while many smaller Pacific nations like Vietnam, the Philippines, and Japan will feel emboldened to challenge China. My prediction is this ruling will only fuel hostilities in the region and set the region on a collision course for war.
- The spread of superbugs in the US that are resistant to all known antibiotic treatments continues. For a second time in less than a month, colistin resistant E. Coli has been identified in the US. The strain in question tested positive for the gene mcr-1, which makes it resistant to colistin, a last resort antibiotic. Per my previous articles (search antibiotic resistant on the LMS homepage), the spread of resistant bacteria is increasing in frequency and could easily hit a breakout stage in the near future. Once the mcr-1 resistant gene jumps to other resistant infections such as highly resistant Tuberculosis now being brought into the US by the thousands via illegal immigrants and refugees, it is only a matter of time before a true pandemic sweeps across the globe again. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/superbug-coli-found-time-us/story?id=40488140
- Obama is preparing to use wartime (Global War on Terror) martial law powers to ban and seize firearms for “national security.” Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson has been in secret talks with President Obama and other top officials to engineer “gun control” as a national security issue. The intent, like with nearly every other “Right” under the US Constitution is to suspend the Second Amendment or make it virtually meaningless by using unconstitutional wartime interpretations and rulings of executive powers. Their plan, like I have detailed repeatedly over the last decade (see: http://www.lastminutesurvival.com/2015/12/06/the-problem-isnt-islamic-terrorism-it-is-guns-according-to-emperor-obama/), is progressing on schedule. Obama and his Leftist goons are intentionally inciting division and violence and fully plan to use the predictable violent outcome to justify “federal government” action and emergency powers that restrict firearms for “national security.” After the events of Dallas and President Obama’s utterly despicable statements, it is clear that this administration is prepared to act as soon as this summer if more violence can be incited across the nation.
- Turkey continues to use “terrorist” attacks within its border as cover for supporting terrorists in Syria that vow to kill Americans. It is critical to understand Turkey has been proven to openly conduct false flag attacks against its own citizens to support President Erdogan’s radical agenda. Most recently, Turkey has suffered a number of major attacks blamed on both ISIL and Kurdish rebel groups, but that is questionable to say the least. True or not, Ankara wasted no time using the attacks to justify a Turkish military invasion of Syria. However, the Turkish military has done nothing to destroy radical Islamic groups operating in Syria. In fact, a closer analysis clearly shows that the Turkish military has instead been used to resupply radical Islamic groups to include the Al Nusra Front and ISIL/ISIS while smashing US backed Kurdish positions. Ankara is determined to undermine Syrian President Assad and specifically has used its military to push back Kurdish positions in key blocking positions so that it could resupply radical Islamic fighters on the verge of being routed from Aleppo by Syrian forces. If Syrian forces retake the lost ground and are again about to liberate Aleppo, expect to see another “terrorist” attack inside Turkey that will be immediately used to justify even greater military incursions into Syria to back radical Islamic extremist groups. As Syria and Russia continue to mop up ISIL positions and approach Raqqa, I fear this could lead to another direct engagement with Russian forces, which could quickly plunge the region into a major war.
- US continues to lose ground in Afghanistan. President Obama signed off on increased troop levels in Afghanistan to help combat the Taliban. In reality, the US completely ceded most of Afghanistan to the Taliban when Obama pulled the bulk of our forces out and our footprint in Afghanistan is getting more and more untenable. It has gotten so bad, military logisticians plan up front to lose over 20% of any supplies shipped into Afghanistan because of the Taliban. Further, Special Forces A-Teams are thinly spread across Afghanistan in a vain attempt to train and advise Afghan forces. This WILL FAIL because the entire concept of training and advising is at best of limited value and at worst, counterproductive, but our brilliant military strategists are too stupid and indoctrinated to recognize the facts. If a large contingent of forces are not recommitted under competent leadership to Afghanistan, the Taliban will likely begin to capture and hold major cities by years end and begin to directly threaten Kabul on a sustained basis as early as next summer.
- Number of US forces continues to quietly increase in Iraq as undeclared war continues. President Obama signed off on additional troop deployments to Iraq to support on-going efforts to recapture Ramadi, Fallujah, and Mosul from ISIL. Like I predicted (see articles: http://www.lastminutesurvival.com/?s=strategy+in+iraq), none of Obama’s faux “strategy” would prove effective and he would again prove to be a hypocrite and put boots on the ground, which he promised not to do. To date, none of those cities have been completely liberated. The long overdue offensive on Mosul is again delayed and most likely also going to fail. At best, Iraqi forces will blast their way through the city, but will find it impossible to root out ISIL elements because the inhabitants of the city “ARE” ISIL. The Sunni population in Mosul is hostile to the government in Baghdad and isn’t going to change anytime soon unless everyone in the city is killed. It is important to note that even at the height of the Iraq War, the US military never fully pacified Mosul and was literally fighting in the city as President Obama unilaterally declared our surrender in Iraq. The bottom line is this deployment of troops is another vain endeavor that will fail because it is led by incompetents. No further understanding is necessary to KNOW this ends badly for the US and Iraqis.
By Guiles Hendrik
July 12, 2016
In previous updates, I have warned that there was a high potential for MERS to spread rapidly during the Hajj Pilgrimage. Based on recent confirmed cases of MERS in Saudi Arabia, it appears that MERS may indeed get an excellent opportunity to breakout globally. If even a very small percentage of the millions that have embarked on the Hajj Pilgrimage return home infected with MERS, we will be dealing with a potentially global pandemic.
Case and point. South Korea just spent months aggressively trying to contain a small outbreak. If even a dozen more infected individuals had mingled through Seoul while contagious, South Korea could still be dealing with a major healthcare crisis that overwhelmed their system. Further, MERS in the opinion of many experts is far worse than even Ebola because it is more contagious and just as deadly even though it hasn’t received the same attention.
LMS is upgrading its safety precautions for the time period beginning this week and extending until 30 days after the Hajj is complete. For you safety during this period, we recommend that travelers avoid Saudi Arabia. Further, avoid anyone that has recently traveled to Saudi Arabia or has been in contact with others traveling to Saudi Arabia. If you know someone that has and they are exhibiting flulike symptoms, recommend they get evaluated at a hospital for MERS immediately and self-quarantine until you know that the person is clear of MERS. If you begin to suffer flulike symptoms after potential exposure, get medical help immediately. Remember, once the pilgrimage is complete it will take some people weeks to return home. As such, medical monitoring during the virus incubation period must be conducted for a prolonged period of time post pilgrimage before one can conclude the virus did not break out of the Middle East.
Respective of hygiene and preventative measures, continue to wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your eyes, face, inner nostrils, and mouth. Further, use an HOCL compound such as “Briotech” to decontaminate and kill the virus on contact.
By Guiles Hendrik
August 20, 2015
UPDATE: Continuing on my previous MERS reporting it is worth noting the Philippines has now confirmed another case of MERS. Disturbingly, the patient returned from Dubai on June 19th and apparently is only now being admitted and treated. Unlike South Korea, which aggressively quarantined and treated patients, it appears the Philippines were slow in identifying this case. Further, even with South Korea’s aggressive actions, MERS cases are still popping up on the peninsula. As such, it is likely we will see in the coming days and weeks another local outbreak of MERS, but this time in the Philippines. Considering the virus comes from the same family as some of the nastiest contenders for a flu pandemic and Asian is densely populated, the virus may spread more broadly. Although, it does not yet pose a pandemic threat, its ability to continue to spread and avoid being eradicated means this virus could still jump to the US and spread amongst our cities. As noted in my previous article, MERS has a death rate on par with Ebola and is spread easier so is not a virus to be taken lightly.
Recommendation: Continue to monitor the spread of the virus, review your pandemic preparedness, and update your supplies. Currently, MERS is of very minimal risk to you, but this could change rapidly. As of now, there is no need to modify travel unless you are planning to visit the Philippines. In this case, take extra flu prevention precautions and monitor yourself closely for flu like symptoms. In the event I see MERS clusters beginning to appear and spread, I will post new updates and recommendations.
By Guiles Hendrik
July 6, 2015
MERS, source: CDC
The Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, “MERS,” is a respiratory virus that kills nearly 40% of people infected and has its origins in Saudi Arabia. It has traveled beyond the Middle East in isolated cases and so far hasn’t caused a major pandemic, but has eluded being wiped out for over two years. Recently, the virus has made a major jump to South Korea, which significantly increases the odds the virus will go global. To put this disease in perspective, it has a death rate on par with Ebola, but is spread more easily than Ebola. In short, this virus concerns me more than Ebola and Ebola concerned me. Nonetheless, the facts shouldn’t panic you, but they certainly should concern you. If MERS mutates or is able to spread to other large cities, it could still pose a threat to your health.
Fortunately, right now there is no need for alarm. South Korea appears to be doing an effective job at isolating cases and quarantining anyone with a possible infection. Although it is likely more cases will appear in South Korea, the real issue is whether any cases appear outside of South Korea in places like Japan, China, Europe, or the USA. LMS will be tracking the efforts to contain this latest outbreak and will continue to update you when/if there is further news. As a part of our pandemic analysis, you should know that our information comes in part, directly from some of the leading experts in virology/infectious diseases at the forefront of combating the Ebola outbreaks. These are legitimate bona fides and far exceed what most could get even from the CDC. In short, like our Ebola coverage, we will be bringing you vetted, grounded, expert analysis that is not motivated by hype or hysteria. Read more
The public is being provided very little information regarding the military’s response to the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. If large numbers of Americans become infected with Ebola, it will be critical to know what works and doesn’t work to protect and decontaminate yourself from Ebola. As such, one of the most critical pieces of information to know is what the US military is currently using as a decontamination agent for Ebola. The public may know about bleach and UV decontamination, but are being told nothing about the military’s latest frontline chemical agent against Ebola. The Department of Defense (DoD) is currently buying this chemical by the tanker. In fact, the DoD has essentially bought up the world’s market of this highly effective chemical and yet, you have probably never heard of HOCL. If you haven’t heard of HOCL, you need to. Read more
A doctor in New York City who recently returned from treating Ebola patients in Guinea tested positive for the Ebola virus Thursday, becoming the city’s first diagnosed case.
The doctor, Craig Spencer, was rushed to Bellevue Hospital Center on Thursday and placed in isolation while health care workers spread out across the city to trace anyone he might have come into contact with in recent days. A further test will be conducted by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to confirm the initial test.
Read more at: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/24/nyregion/craig-spencer-is-tested-for-ebola-virus-at-bellevue-hospital-in-new-york-city.html
In yet another blow for the doctors fighting the spread of this deadly disease, AP reports, Mali’s health minister says the West African country has confirmed its first case of Ebola. Despite every effort to close borders, quarantine areas, and now send US troops (to do… well we are not sure really), Mali becomes the sixth West African country to report an Ebola case.
To read more go to: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-23/mali-becomes-6th-west-african-nation-ebola
Liberian Military Seal Slums to Prevent Spread of Ebola_ Source: NBC News
Outside of three West African nations, which are being ravaged by Ebola, the health threat from Ebola still remains small. Am I dismissing the risk of further spread? No. Am I dismissing the fact the numbers infected are still exponentially increasing? No. Am I even claiming that Ebola won’t return to the US and spread globally? No. What I am saying is that for those of us in the US, the biggest danger Ebola poses to the masses in the near term is economic. In fact, if you want to best prepare for an Ebola pandemic, you should prepare for an economic collapse, which will affect you long before you run a real risk of infection. Read more
For Part II in our series on bug out kits, I will look at some specifics for planning your kit if you happen to live in or around the nation’s capital. I chose to address DC first, because it is a city where the conditions that trigger bugging out are likely to occur and it offers some very specific challenges that are applicable to many urban centers across the US. Hopefully, you have had a chance to read my intro post on building your bug out kit. If not, first review thin information we posted at: http://www.lastminutesurvival.com/2014/10/13/location-specific-bug-out-bags-part-i/.
Why would you worry about having to bug out if you live in DC? Read more
The Ebola Gay…our modern day doomsday plane.
Compliments of Zerohedge.com we get a look inside the aircraft I like to term the Ebola Gay. I just wonder what the fail safe is for an unexpected cabin depressurization.
October 16, 2014